Thursday, January 13, 2011

Flowers In My Heart

There are some days when I have nothing to share, and some days that I have too much to say. I could have shared more photos from my Sunday photo jaunt. I could have shared photos of the aftermath of last night's snowstorm. But...I'm going to show you my current WIP (work in progress) instead. Here's how it started:I don't usually sketch out my ideas for my window designs, but I've had so many in my head the last month or so that I started putting them on paper to empty my head a bit (ha, ha...I can hear the jokes.) Sometimes my head is quite empty, but sometimes it's so packed with ideas that I can't sleep at night.The idea for "Flowers In My Heart" started with a song by Canadian singer Lennie Gallant. It's a beautiful song, and one of my favourites....."You're like flowers in my heart, I walk through them whenever we're apart..." . The man in the song is singing to his child, but in my mind I have changed it for this window project. If you look close, you can see the outline of the heart:I am working on a series of windows to raise awareness for breast cancer. This is my first one. My "Flowers In My Heart" are all my friends....new friends and long time friends, near friends and far friends.There is something good in everything. And the something good about my breast cancer diagnosis is that it is a reminder of just how many friends we have. And how very lucky we are. I'm not done my window yet...But I wanted to share the start of my tribute to all of you...you are truly Flowers In My Heart.

9 comments:

Susan said...

beautiful !

Karen said...

Oh, Sara - I've got goosebumps... what beautiful sentiment...and an absolutely GORGEOUS flowered heart window.

jodi (bloomingwriter) said...

This made my heart warm, Sara...lovely sentiment, and beautiful creation too, of course. Sending flowers to your heart this snowy day.

Janet said...

Lovely Sara! So generous of you to include us all. Take care and stay safe and warm these winter days.
And Hi! to Jodi up the road from me in Scott's Bay!

Wyokemia said...

Wow, Sara! This is great! Thank you for sharing the development of this piece with us. This is such a beautiful post - because of your words and your work of art. The stories behind art and things like this always make the work mean so much more. I really loved reading this... looking for the trace of the heart around the flowers when you mentioned it, then scrolling down to see the red heart come to life... love it! Thx again for sharing. (p.s. - I immediately noticed how close the actual glass painting looks to the sketch - great work!)

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

This is so beautiful! Perhaps my favorite so far. I hope and pray this is not just therapeutic for you but literally healing for you as well.

Loth said...

That's just lovely. (As is Lennie Gallant!)

Janet said...

Beautiful Sara - the work, the words, the sentiment, the process. Thank you so much for sharing it with us :)

And I love how you chose to leave the window frame - shall I say 'de-stressed', although I know you only left it as it was. Perfect!

aliceinparis said...

Lovely!! All of it.