Saturday, January 15, 2011

Beans

On Friday we headed out shopping. We are not shoppers, and other than groceries and necessities (cd's are necessities), we don't buy much. But when we do buy something, it's usually a big something. Case in point...here's what we were shopping for on Friday:It was our second day out looking at tractors, and I think we have one picked out (it helps when we had 2 used tractors we were considering and one was sold!). I don't know if we'll get this one, but I'm pretty sure there is one in my future. On the way from one tractor dealer to another, we stopped at Beans in Wilmot, Nova Scotia.Here's what the building looked like 60 years ago.Beans won the Ebay Family Business of the Year in 2010.What a treasure trove of stuff! If you like antiques and collectibles, this is the place for you.
I think you could visit Beans countless times, and see something different every time. There were things to look at everywhere.
And everything you could imagine...
Walls of old radios, a room of fishing stuff, glass, china, enamelware, crocks...Eye candy for me....I love old things.
It's always an adventure when we head out on the road. I never know what we're going to stumble across!

6 comments:

aliceinparis said...

What a great spot!!I'd LOVE to visit sometime.
And in other news....tah,dah.... You won the oil and vinegar bottles.
I will have to get it organized, the owners are away for two weeks but I will get back to you. I was so pleased when I saw that you were the one:)) #15!

Karen said...

I love coming across places like that..and usually find something I have to have but really don't need. Great photos! BIG TRACTOR.

Patchmaker said...

Wow . . . . adding Wilmot to my list of places to visit next summer. I can't believe I hadn't discovered it; definitely my kind of place!

TeresaA said...

wow that's a cool ride. :)

Loth said...

What a cool place! Must try to fit in a visit during this year's tour. (You wouldn't like to just plan the Loth Clan vacation this year, would you?)

Neil and Susan said...

A great place Sara, I'll have to figure out where Wilmot is? My kind of shopping for sure.... :)