Monday, December 6, 2010

a little luck

Look what I received in the mail...some luck! Blogger friend Karen from This Old House 2 sent this to me for luck...isn't it gorgeous?She wraps wire around horse shoes and embellishes them with beads. Love the details.You can see some more of Karen's decorated shoes here. Thanks so much Karen...love my shoe! I had a difficult time getting good photos....it has been miserable all day today with rain and gale force winds. Power is out all over Nova Scotia, surge warnings for coastal properties, and some roads are closed.

But all is well here on the hill. We received some great news today. My pathology report has returned and....the 3 lymph nodes that were removed are cancer free....and....the extra breast tissue that was removed is also cancer free. Yay! (insert dancing jig here) Next step is radiation, which apparently will be sometime in about 4 to 6 weeks. We still don't know if I'll need chemo, but chances are that I won't since the invasive cancer was quite small. Fingers crossed on that.

5 comments:

Heather T. said...

This is WONDERFUL NEWS {happy dancing, with you, Sara}!! Yes, this little trinket of luck is very cute :)

Karen said...

SOOOO happy for you, Sara... that is awesome news. :-)

perhaps there is magic in that shoe after all...

aliceinparis said...

Hooray! Very good news indeed. I think not knowing one way or the other is so hard, trying to stay positive but having those niggling doubts. Well, it's full steam ahead!

That horseshoe is gorgeous. Keep it close.I think it has brought you luck already!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

That's wonderful news Sarah. And a beautiful shoe there!

Janet said...

Very good news - I'm so happy for you. Love the little horseshoe and also your new header - lovely and colourful.
Good luck with your further treatments.
Janet in Hall's Harbour