Thursday, December 23, 2010

Bits and bobs

Amaryllis Leaves. I didn't buy any new amaryllis bulbs this year....maybe a mistake....not sure if these ones will bloom. I love amaryllis flowers...the love for these plants is a gift from my dad. He was the gardener in our family and whenever I see amaryllis, african violets, flowering crabapple trees, and geraniums I think of him.

I want to share a couple of gifts with you. These lovely earrings arrived in the mail yesterday. Aren't they festive looking? Several weeks ago, the blog A Bushel and a Peck featured several women entrepreneurs on her blog. Wyokemia of Peach Evolution Designs was featured on this blog post. I left a comment and was the very luck winner of these earrings (I love them!). I really like all Wyokemia's bling, and purchased the breast cancer awareness key chain from her shop. She also enclosed an extra charm for an upcoming breast cancer awareness glass window that I'll be creating in January. What a lovely package to receive!These tshirts arrived in the mail a while back... Our friend Karen lives in Kingston, Ontario and designed these yoga shirts as a fundraiser for the Boys and Girls club in Kingston. Tshirts are a steal at $15, and available in lots of colours and designs. You can contact Karen through her blog (http://www.karmabykaren.blogspot.com/) if you're interested in one. (more designs and colours are shown on her blog) Isn't this cute? The yoga girl says "Ooommm"...the cow says "Mmmooo"! The shirts are so soft, they are going to be perfect for wearing after all my radiation treatments in January.

I've been working on a couple of creative projects over the past few weeks. This is a current one:I had 15 of my photos printed on canvas. I'll be cutting them into individual images and mounting them on frames. I was really happy with the quality of the canvas print...the images look fantastic. I have mounted 3 of them so far and am really happy with the results. More on this project early in January.

And...saving the best for last...Happy Birthday to a very special man...my partner through good and bad...and the love of my life! Looking forward to another great year together!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Love these canvas images!!! And, you've got a handsome soulmate. May you spend many more years together -

PS.. you still rock a t-shirt, Sara..

Janet said...

Very best wishes to you and yours for a wonderful Christmas and for a peaceful and happy New Year.
Hugs
Janet

Linda said...

I tried to be creative this week. Tried to decorate some gingerbread cookies. As long as I can perpetrate the idea that a four-year-old decorated them, they'll be a hit.
Honestly, Sara, your creativity dazzles me!
Hope John had/is having a wonderful actual birth-day
Linda

Judy said...

Hi Sarah
So nice to discover someone else who likes Amaryllis. I think they're sort of like a living fireworks.Our first bloom burst for boxing day.
Good luck with your's.
Belated Happy Birthday to John.
Judy

Wyokemia said...

Hi Sara! Happy New Year! I fell ill during the holidays and am just not catching up with blogging! So happy to hear you received the package and that you were happy with the earrings and keychain! It feels great to know they've been passed on to you. I am looking forward to seeing your glass art when you complete it. Hope you are doing well. Stay strong. All the best, Kemia