Saturday, November 13, 2010

Snippet in the mail

I received a snippet in the mail yesterday. "Snippet" makes it sound like something tiny and insignificant, but I love this! Snippets are the creation of Linda O'Neill (www.AbbyCreekStudios.com). She has taken small portions from larger pieces of her artwork, and created smaller snippets of art. Linda was one of the featured artists in the 2010 Paws For Charity Art Book Project. I had popped over to her blog one day to let her know that she was the featured artist for the day on the Paws For Charity blog, and it just so happened that she was having a draw for one of her pieces of art. Even though I rarely win anything, I just had to add my name to the list because who wouldn't want one of these little gems? I won, and got to pick my favourite snippet from Linda's Etsy Shop. I chose her Milk Snippet for my kitchen. I love the way she has mounted the artwork, on a thick 1 1/2 inch deep birch panel. I may just have to purchase a couple more and have a set of snippets!

2 comments:

Heather T. said...

Sara, what a great choice. Gives a little character to your space there...makes me want a cookie, too :)

I don't ever win anything either and tend to stop trying because of it (that's a poor attitude on my part, isn't it).

Happy you won and definitely like your choice!!

Jeanneoli said...

I love her snippets...very cool.