Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hope returns

We have been moping around the house for a week now (when not out posting flyers for our lost Cassie), so yesterday we headed into Halifax for a day out in the big city.We went to the Halifax Seaport Farmer's Market first....a little short of vendors on Friday, but it was great to see the eco friendly building. We'll have to drop by on a Saturday or Sunday in December to see it on a busy day.We did some Christmas errands, and then had a nice lunch, more window shopping and then headed home. Surprise, surprise. We finally received a phone call about Cassie. Someone saw her in Mahone Bay...quite a trek from home.We headed back out again and visited the man who thought he saw her (he saw our Lost Dog ad in the paper and phoned). John showed him some photos, and the man is sure it was her. We posted signs all around the town and talked to a few people...not many people out and about on a November evening.John is out in the area again today, posting more signs. Our new found friend Colleen, from The Platter House Restaurant in Bridgewater is also out searching for her. John and Colleen bumped into each other at The Dog Shop in Mahone Bay, so perhaps they are searching together now (I haven't received a phone update in a couple of hours).I am at home sending out updates to our contacts by computer, and hoping for phone updates. I did receive a call from Maxine in Mahone Bay...a kind stranger who called to tell me she is out looking for Cassie on our behalf.So I am now filled with hope. Maybe we will get her home with us at some point. I can't believe how much I miss that crazy dog.

11 comments:

Heather T. said...

Sara, your photos are wonderful! Love how frost can accent and sugar up the beauty of life. I hope that MANY blessings knock at your door in the days to come ♥

Susan said...

these photos are stunning !
Missy D, Sam + I are all praying that dear Cassie finds her way home ...and soon
xo Susan & les Gang

Janet said...

I can't get to Mahone Bay to aid the search efforts, but am hoping and praying that Cassie is found today! What wonderful news - my heart leapt at the title of your blogpost.

And your photos are beautiful, Sara!

The Tame One said...

Oh, I hope she is home with you again soon. Your pictures are gorgeous by the way.

Karen said...

There is ALWAYS Hope, Sara. Love your frost photos....

Jess said...

I saw the ad in the flyer yesterday....I hope Cassie is your (way-before) Christmas miracle!

jodi (bloomingwriter) said...

Sara, I think of you and your family daily, hoping that there will be good news of Cassie soon. As others have observed, the frost painting photos are marvelous.

Loth said...

My fingers are firmly crossed for you, all the way on the other side of the Atlantic in snowbound Edinburgh. I hope she turns up safe and sound in Mahone Bay.

susan brown said...

Beautiful photos Sara! I'm so happy to hear that there has been a sighting of Cassie. There are a lot of nice people in your area that will keep a watch. It can be so stressful when you lose a pet. The sleepless nights.... I hope she returns soon. We love the Buiscut Eater as well. We also like the Wildwood Cafe. All the best for a clear result on your tests. Susan :)

Beth said...

I found your blog via Google Image search for "schnauzer poodle mix" (your dog was in the images). I was wondering if you ever found Cassie. I hope so. She looks a lot like my dog.

Sara said...

Thanks for your comment Beth. Unfortunately, there is not a happy ending to our story. Cassie was never found. She was microchipped, and also had a collar with her name and our address and phone number. I did hear a gunshot when she first went missing, so we came to the unhappy conclusion that she was shot by a hunter.