Tuesday, October 26, 2010

photos and signs

On Saturday, I attended a full day seminar by Freeman Patterson at St.Mary's University in Halifax. (it was advertised as a workshop, but was actually a seminar. I was happy about this, but there were some people there with cameras so they may have been disappointed)
It was a fantastic day of viewing images, and hearing Freeman's thoughts and philosophies. I was truly inspired by his presentation. Consequently, I spent Sunday afternoon outside at our home taking photos and experimenting with my camera...and was up at dawn on Monday taking some more photos.
One of the photos I took on Sunday was a macro shot of a maple leaf. This leaf was laying on the ground on one of the paths through our field that John keeps cut for me. Today...two days later...I was walking the dogs in the morning and looked down to see a leaf stuck to the toe of my boot.
Imagine my surprise when I noticed it was exactly the same leaf! Weird. Things like that always seem to be some kind of "sign", but I can't think of what it would be. Maybe a sign that I am on the right path in life. (ha, there's my sense of humour for you)

1 comment:

Karen said...

I like that analogy, and I say it means exactly that :-)