Wednesday, September 1, 2010

How to end a hot day

We did make it to the beach late yesterday afternoon. We decided on Crescent Beach...a great beach for swimming (and walking too). Here is the proof...I actually did get into the water and swim. It was glorious!According to the newspaper, the water around here is 3 or 4 degrees (celcius) warmer than usual. This fact is causing some concern about the predicted hurricane...apparently the warmer water might make the storm more severe. But it sure did make great swimming! After my swim(s) we headed over to Green Bay for some fish and chips at MacLeod's Canteen. In my opinion, the fish and chips was so-so. But the view...while dining on the beach... just couldn't be beat:
How can you end a day better than this?

2 comments:

Janet said...

Ha! Great pic of you in the water - must have been very refreshing!

I love Crescent Beach - you can walk forever. I did a blog post about it a while back (here).

And Green Bay is marvelous. There are just so many beautiful places around here.

Hope you're all prepared for the hurricane (our first one). Let's hope it's just a rain event :)

martha brown said...

I hope that you had rhubarb punch at MacLeods.... mmmmm....... My favourite Fish and Chips is the one out on the highway...... darn, I don't remember what it is called.