Tuesday, September 7, 2010

At the auction

I love going to auctions, especially on site auctions on a warm, sunny day. My sister introduced me to auctioning many years ago. When I first started bidding, I was very nervous. But now I'm cool as a cucumber. I set a price in my head (usually $5 or $10, sometimes if I really want something I'll bid higher but I don't actually need anything...I'm just there to have fun) and I don't go over my set price.I do make mistakes sometimes...like on Sunday when I thought I was bidding on one thing, but was actually bidding on something else! Good thing no one else wanted it...I got my surprise item for $5! (it was a wooden box painted a rusty red...about 2 1/2 by 3 feet). But it was a lovely day by the ocean...this auction was on Indian Point Road (just outside Mahone Bay).
Nice way to spend a morning and afternoon!

2 comments:

judy said...

Thanks for pin-pointing the location! I always like to try a guess. Your box sounds really nice.
Once I bought a whale rib and vertebrae..125.00$ then didn't know what to do with it. It seemed cheap at the time, as I waved my bidding card. It just didn't fit in, in Ontario.
That was a big job preparing for Earl! Your place looks lovely.

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...sounds like a lot of fun and what a beautiful setting. hope you weathered earl inside snug as a bug!