Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Upper Clements Park

Last Wednesday we drove to Upper Clements Park (just west of Annapolis Royal) and met G, DIL, and granddaughter Miss M for a fun day at the amusement park. The park is in an absolutely beautiful setting, and not a typical amusement park. It was a lovely place to spend the day. And, of course, it was a lot of fun! (this said by a person who is not an amusement park fan)

Our first stop was the roller coaster, where the whole family joined in. Three generations of screaming Harleys on one ride. (I was too busy screaming myself to hear the others). From there, we took a walk through the Haunted House. Miss M was quite frightened, but I found it a tad disappointing. And after that...it was time for DIL and I to zip!The scariest part of the whole zip line thing is actually stepping off the platform! The ride itself goes very quickly. I didn't feel afraid, but my legs told a different story when the adventure ended and I had to stand on a ladder to get unhooked from the zip line. (my shaky legs were making the ladder mighty unsteady!). All in all, I was feeling a little let down...I expected it to be more thrilling.One of my favourite rides was The Flume...a roller coaster in water. Miss M was squished between DIL (at the back) and me (at the front). This is me laughing after one of our descents...where I got a face full of water!DIL and I took a second ride in the afternoon...and got a lot wetter the second time. But (surprisingly) my favourite ride of the day was the water slide. I was actually quite afraid to go on it...it was several stories high and a spiral to the pool at the bottom. But I figured that if Miss M (almost 9) was brave enough to try it, then her grandmother should be brave enough too. I LOVED it!Three times up and down for me and DIL (more for Miss M). I would have spent more time here, but it was the end of the day and the park was just about to close.

We headed home with Miss M in the car...she spent the following 2 days with us while her parents had to put their noses to the grindstone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah
You are so brave!I checked out some of the rides at the Bridgewater Ex..
THRILL doesn't describe them at all.Your grandaughter(??) must be proud!
The water slide sounds great! And much warmer than Broadcove!
We enjoyed meeting you both on our Blackberry Hill. Judy

Loth said...

Ah, Upper Clements. Where my 7 year old took a header off the scramble net and sliced his head open, bleeding everywhere but refusing to stop climbing. Oh, and also where I first tasted poutine! Good times.

stampernancy@hotmail.com said...

sounds like a good day of fun. I haven't been there since the kids were little - have to wait for grandkids maybe (not too soon please). I heard just this weekend that there is a zip line across the Reversing Falls in Saint John NB maybe you'd like to try that one out - trip across on the Digby ferry and you are there!