Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Weekend review

It was a fantastic weekend...weather wise, and all other ways too. John and I headed out to an auction on Saturday morning and I managed to snag some treasures. Then we headed out to Indian Point for a mussel festival. We learned all about mussel farming, and bought 5 pounds of mussels fresh from the ocean (along with a bottle of blueberry wine from a local blueberry farm). On the way home, we stopped in Mahone Bay for fresh bread and asparagus. All that made for a lovely feast on Saturday evening!

Sunday was spent gardening. John cut the grass (a four hour job!) and I planted this year's veggie garden...a project called "feed the deer" last year. We'll see what happens this year. I started work on a new window project. More on that in the coming weeks.

Monday was another great day....another couple of hours in my studio (once I get going, it's sort of a fixation. The trouble for me is always getting started...then I don't want to stop!). Yesterday afternoon, I headed out on a photo hunt with fellow photographer Teresa. Here is one of my favorite locations...a fishing shed in Stonehurst. Gotta love that red! Today is the first day of a shed building project at our place. Tonight is the wind up dinner for the photo club. Lots going on!

No comments: