Thursday, May 27, 2010

Awards

It was a great birthday yesterday. John and I went for a drive along the coast and ended up in Chester at the Rope Loft Restaurant. We had a lovely lunch...dining on the oceanside deck in the bright sunshine. I love the sound of the boats and floating docks moving on the water, and watching the sailboats out in the harbour. You just couldn't ask for a better setting for lunch!

Tuesday night was the year end wrap up for the local Photo Club. It was my first full year with the club, and I was honored to receive a few awards. Pictured with me is the club president, Grant Dixon.

Top Digital Image Photographer...this award is given to the photographer with the top total score in all the digital image competitions (20 images in a 9 different categories):Silent Essay Award. Silent Essays are a maximum of 12 images. My essay was on the Atlantic Puffin and included 12 differerent images with information on puffins.Sight and Sound Essay. Some of you might have seen this...I posted it on my blog a month or so ago. My essay was a compilation of photos from our travels around Nova Scotia...mostly from the South Shore. If you want to view it, here is the link to the YouTube file.And my final award...Photographer of the Year. This award goes to the photographer with the highest total score from four areas: Print Photography, Digital Photographer and the 2 Photo Essays.

I just recently completed a photography course, so I'll have to put my knowledge from the course and the photo club to work this summer. Time to get snapping again!

8 comments:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Congratulations on all the awards. You're very talented!

Grant said...

Congratulations and you worked very hard and had stiff competition so it is all the more impressive.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being recognized for your talent and brilliance behind the camera!
Love,
Us
xo

TeresaA said...

Congratulations Sarah! I love your images.

Also, Happy Birthday! I too am a May baby. :)

Pia N said...

Congratulations, you take some amasing fotos.

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...congratulations on a job well done. you bring so much joy and beauty to so many through your capturings of life using light and a little box...thank you for sharing your gift! xoxo, mickey

Nancy said...

Wow Sara! Congratulations on all the awards!!!

aliceinparis said...

Fantastic! Well done! Your pictures are terrific:)