Thursday, April 29, 2010

Spring Lamb

One of my spring obsessions is taking photos of lambs. It happened last year, and is currently underway. There is just something so unexplainably cute about them...it is my mission to get the "perfect" photo. This red barn is at the end of the road we live on, and I stop there often. Yesterday the owner was there and I talked with her for a while. She told me that they were really happy with their results this year...only one female born and the rest were males. I must have had a blank look on my face, because she explained "We send the males to slaughter". Agggg! My reply "Oh...I don't want to hear that!"How could you look these guys in the eyes and send them off on a truck? I know, I know. I'll never be a farmer. The 3 photos below were taken at another sheep farm nearby. They also have black faced sheep (does anyone know what they're called?) but none of them were out when I was by with my camera.Lamb is never on our menu!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Oh Sara... I hear you. My husband would like to get a few beef cows to live in the fields of This Old House.. and I told him there's no way in h*ll that anything with eyes living on my plot of land is going to be eaten at my kitchen table. I love cows. I love lambs! Couldn't ship those adorable faces off in a truck. Gasp!... it's a whole nother world.

Christine said...

Those lambs are just too cute for words.

josephine said...

they're wonderful..I never was a farmer but I have something in relation,my husband's name...

Nancy said...

Wonderful photos Sara! I love lambs too.

Carol said...

A lovely blog. Best wishes to you.