Friday, April 23, 2010

Local Wildlife

I met fellow blogger Nancy for coffee this morning at The Biscuit Eater in Mahone Bay...such a lovely spot...coffee shop, great food, and used books all in one spot. I went on a little photo mission after that....back to a couple of locations where John and I saw some wildlife when I didn't have my camera with me. (isn't that always the way?)

First...just outside Lunenburg at First Peninsula. A few days ago, there were 5 herons all gathered here so I went back to see if any were still around. One sole heron today.Then, over to Bridgewater where we had seen an osprey. Two were in the nest today, but one flew away before I could get very close.Close to home, I stopped at the local red barn to snap a few photos of the sheep (one of my favourite subjects). This little guy was so small, he could barely stand.
And then at home, out in our field (sorry for the blurry shot!)...one of "our" deer.A day full of wild (and not so wild) life.

1 comment:

Patchmaker said...

Such a sweet little lamb! Thanks for the link to Nancy's blog; it answered my questions about Milk Paint!

Maggie