Friday, April 30, 2010

Daffodils from a Friend

This is the first year I've ever had daffodils in my garden. They were given to me by Sandy...aka Doris the Great. She came out to our place for lunch late last summer and brought me a packet of bulbs. I have always loved daffodils, such a wonderful sign of spring and the promise of summer gardens to come.

Poor Sandy. When she arrived, I was excited to show her around my little garden since I knew she was a gardener. I marched her around the yard in the roasting hot summer heat for about an hour before I sat her down for some food and drink!

When we moved here, the house was literally sitting in the middle of a hay field with no landscaping. After two summers, it's coming along but we're in the midst of yet another garden expansion....the last expansion I'll probably do (I promise John!) But wait....weren't promises made to be broken?

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, you'll have to give us a tour of your garden!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Poor Sandy??? Your priorities were right -- garden first then something to eat and drink (so we could then talk about gardening). I'm so glad the bulbs have come up.

And when your garden expansion is done, I'll come to view yours and you can come to view mine!!