Tuesday, April 13, 2010

2010 Paws For Charity Art Book Project

Photo by Nancy - HappyLittleFish
Some of you might know that I publish an annual book to raise funds for breast cancer charity. I started Paws For Charity when I was the owner of a dog biscuit company. I created a biscuit called "Crunch for a Cure", and donated all proceeds from the sales to breast cancer research. With the help of 3 other business women, we raised thousands of dollars for the Canadian Cancer Society.
I sold my dog biscuit business in 2008, and we moved from Ontario to Nova Scotia. Last year, I decided to do something with the languishing Paws For Charity. So I got on the internet and contacted artists and photograhers and asked them to donate an image of a cat or dog for an Art Book. All profits from book sales were donated to breast cancer charity.
This year, I put together the 2010 Annual Paws For Charity Art Book. I received over 300 submissions and from those selected 65 artists and photographers to feature in the 2nd annual book. The book is 8"x10", 75 pages long, and has 96 images. It has photos of the artists as well, and their bios and artist's statements. It's just sooooo much better than the 2009 book, I burst with pride whenever I look at it!
If you'd like to take a peek at the first 15 pages, click on this link. The hard cover version is an Art Book worthy of any coffee table! (and the soft cover is pretty darn good too!) All proceeds from the sales are donated to the Avon Foundation Breast Cancer Crusade, a registered charity with programs in over 50 countries...and a charity that carries the Humane Charity Seal of Approval.

2 comments:

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...what an awesome and creative idea to help others. i will have to pop over to the link and check it out. take care and best wishes on your wonderful project! xo, mickey

car donation said...

Sara what a good idea you have in there. You raised funds for charities, it will be a good help for them. God Bless.