Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fantabulous

Wow. That's all I can say. What an absolutely fantastic week of beautiful weather. This is the kind of weather we usually get in June! No kidding. My pre-season gardening has all been done and the gardens will now wait a couple of months for most things to pop up. (the odd plant has peaked out, but this is really much too early for anything to grow around here)

I headed out early this morning (well, early for me...9:15!) and went to an auction at the Conquerall Bank Fire Hall. It was packed. After two hours, I decided it was too nice a day to spend any more time bidding and losing out because I won't pay the going rate. So I headed down the road...glorious sunshine and warm, warm, warm! Driving along the LaHave River was wonderful. Waved hi to Nancy, who was out on her steps enjoying the view and the sun (yes, Nancy...that person madly waving out the car window was me). Close to home, I pulled over and took some sheep photos. The ewe pictured above came over and listened to me talk for a few minutes.

John and I spent a couple of hours outside cutting and rolling up some old barbed wire that was put up years ago by previous owners. The barbed wire was all around the "rock island" that runs halfway through our field. It was tough work (mostly for John) but well worth it, I'd say. It's something I've been wanting to do since we moved here (almost 2 years ago...gasp...where has the time gone?) And. it. feels. great. to have it done.

Now it's time to enjoy our first bbq of the year. Yum.

3 comments:

daysgoby said...

What a lovely first day of Spring you had! Love your inquisitive ewe....

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi sara!
oh what a wonderful way to welcome in spring!
i love your post!
:) melissa

Nancy said...

Sitting out on my front steps enjoying the sunshine and watching the cars go by and I thought Oh Wow! People are starting to wave to me as they go by! Then I realized it was you Sara! What a lovely day!! Love the photo!