Tuesday, March 23, 2010

8

Today is our 8th anniversary.

We've been living together for almost 17 years, but officially it's our 8th.
I designed our rings. Well, I have a ring and John wears a pendant. The front of my ring has our 3 initials.The initials "J" and "S" are out to the sides, joined in the centre to make an "H".
Beside the S is a scottish thistle, for my Scottish heritage.
Beside the J is an english rose, for John's English heritage. Only...we found out after we were married that his ancestors were actually from Ireland. So it has morphed into a wild irish rose.The 2 flowers are entwined across the back of the ring.

I love my ring and am so happy I found a jewelry designer who could bring my vision to life.

And...I love my man. I'm so happy I found my life partner. Happy 8.

"I love you not only for what you are,
but for what I am when I am with you."

10 comments:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Happy Anniversary! Many more happy years!

Anonymous said...

Happy 8th!
Lots of Love,
DIL, G and Miss M
xoxo

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...bon anniversaire! i love the ring, so thoughtful and creative...i also love how the rose "morphed". i hope you have many more to celebrate!

Heather T. said...

Sara, this is absolutely beautiful!!! I hope that your anniversary was filled with goodness, light and the warmth of your love. Great quote :)

aliceinparis said...

Happy Anniversary!
I LOVE your ring!!!! What a gorgeous and meaningful design.Really special.

Karen said...

What a beautiful post, and a spectacular design...

May you share many more Happy Anniversaries..

Ann said...

Sara,
Congratulations on your anniversary and I am so glad that you love where you live and have managed to stay. I am your neighbour on the hill behind you. I'll be here this week-end. Come and have tea.
Ann

Jennifer said...

Beautiful ring.
Congratulations on 17 years together!

Sara said...

Hi Ann,

Thanks for leaving a comment. Sorry...I was in Halifax on the weekend. Let me know next time you get out our way...would love to meet you!

Sara said...

Hi Ann,

Thanks for leaving a comment. Sorry...I was in Halifax on the weekend. Let me know next time you get out our way...would love to meet you!