Monday, February 15, 2010

The best surprise ever

Some of you may remember me whining a while back about the fact that we haven't seen our son Cody for 14 months....not since December 2008.

Well....some people have been madly scheming behind our backs for a couple of weeks.

Much to my surprise...there was a knock on our front door this morning. I opened it up to see G, DIL, and Miss M....and Cody standing on our front porch. I immediately burst into tears and grabbed Cody in a big hug and wouldn't let go. Poor guy...I sobbed all over him.

I don't know how they managed it while keeping it a secret, but our 2 sons and DIL pulled it off and gave us the best surprise we could have asked for.

Now we have a one week visit from Cody. I can't believe how lucky I am. Truly. Happy.

12 comments:

{Simply} Heather said...

Such a sweet and wonderful surprise! Have a beautiful week :)

Blenda said...

Savor every minute and a fun time together!!!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

What a wonderful surprise. Enjoy every moment together.

Karen said...

It's a beautiful thing. Enjoy! And what a handsome guy you have there.

Nancy said...

Awwww...you have great kids! What a wonderful surprise. Enjoy your time together!

daysgoby said...

What a nice way to start your morning!

aliceinparis said...

Awww. You look so happy, melting into him. He's handsome!!!

Anonymous said...

It was an exciting morning! We couldn't believe we were able to keep the secret that long. I am still annoyed that I forgot my camera....your face peering over his shoulder with tears. Happy tears.
Love you all!
Us
xo

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...what an incredibly cool surprise...i can't believe a whole group could keep such a secret...what a great start to the day and what looks to be a wonderful week! have fun! xo,mickey

Anonymous said...

I have only recently begun reading your blog which I enjoy immensely. How heartwarming to have a surprise reunion with your son. I'm curious though...why have you not seen your son for such a long time...has he been out of the country?

Cheers
Kate

Sara said...

Hi Kate,
Thanks for dropping by! Cody was away in Europe for 2 months last year, and then couldn't get any more time off to come and see us (we live a 20 hour drive apart). We have a tough time travelling because of our pets. We had been talking about arranging a trip down with the pets (2 dogs and a cat) and were just trying to figure out a date to go when we were surprised by this visit!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for responding...I can certainly understand the circumstances and how especially wonderful Cody's surprise visit was. I was so moved by your post today. It is so difficult to lose a pet.

Kate