Wednesday, January 27, 2010

this and that

Since this photo was taken we've had a major melt down, and lost more than one foot of snow. The promise of spring is in the air today. It was so nice out, the guineas got to spend the day in the fresh air...safe from predators in their screened in porch.

The lack of predators didn't stop us from losing a guinea. Sunday morning when we went to water and feed the guineas, there was one less to feed. Poor guinea was laying face down by the door. No signs of trauma, so I'm not sure what happend to it. Anyone know how long guineas live? So now we're back down to five guineas. I hope the rest hang in there until spring...we need our battalion to fight the ticks!

I spent the weekend painting the spare bedroom (despite feeling guilty about not being out in the glorious sunshine). When we moved in, there were 4 rooms unpainted (as in ...never painted!). My frozen shoulder put everything on hold for a while, but now there is only one room left that is stark white. Once I get that done, I'll be moving on to repaint the living area as well as the master bath. Sometime. But not soon. Tomorrow I'm off to day surgery to see what we can do to fix this arm of mine.

Submissions for the 2010 Paws For Charity book are coming along well. Organizing a bunch of artists is like herding cats. Perhaps not impossible, but close to it! I keep telling myself that things will fall in place (they always do) but it's hard to visualize sometimes.

Saturday...we'll be off to see the bald eagles in Sheffield Mills. Looking forward to it!

4 comments:

Karen said...

My nextdoor neighbor had many guineas, but one in particular, "Cloudy"... lived atleast seven years!!...

Good luck with your surgery..

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...our poor hens had a tragic demise about two weeks ago...but to a familiar face...actually our border collie...i didn't think she had it in her! i will be praying that your surgery is a complete success and that you recover very quickly! xo, mickey

Moose said...

Opppss...my mom is part of the kitty herd!! She has to get her entry in by the deadline or else.
Tail Wags to that Shoulder,
~Moose

Karen said...

I see snow everywere, but sothern Ontario.

I thought guineas lived four or five years.