Monday, January 4, 2010

Surviving the Storm

Whoa - what a way to start the new year! We have been snowed in for two days, and finally got dug out by our farmer friend and his tractor late last night. This morning was our first walk in two days...I was just as happy as the dogs to finally get outside.According to David, we got more snow than they have seen around here in years.
But now that the storm is over, and our half mile lane has been plowed...
...doesn't it look lovely?Thank goodness for neighbours who have big tractors!
G & DIL - good thing you left us on Saturday morning. You would have been here longer than expected...but I think Miss M would have loved all the snow!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

It's beautiful!
Don't you get stir-crazy when you can't get out? I had that on Christmas Eve / Christmas. Now, we can get out but it's so darn cold that we can't go for walks. My poor, bored pups!

Karen said...

Oh wow... ok, I'm not complaining anymore. Atleast I got OUT. But it is beautiful, isn't it?

Christine said...

I was thinking about you when I heard about the storms in the maritimes. The dogs must of had a lot of energy to burn!!

Nancy said...

Big Snow can cause so much trouble but it is so beautiful isn't it.