Thursday, January 14, 2010

Art Book Sample Page

Have I mentioned that I'm a little excited about this year's Paws For Charity Art Book? I've been receiving lots of submissions already (and dealing with dial up internet access adds a lot of time and challenges...John thinks he has lost me to the computer)

Anyway, the number and quality of the submissions so far is wonderful. I've done a sample of what the pages will look like this year...quite a step up from last year if I do say so myself. Last year was a 7 inch square sized book, and included only the artwork with the artist's name and website. This year's book will be 10 inches wide x 8 inches high, and will include the artwork (of course! with title and website link), a brief artist's bio, artist's statement, and photo of the artist.

Although the final selections of the participants won't be made until the end of February, Dan Felstead has generously allowed me to use his information to produce the sample page. You can find his artwork on his blog (http://www.woodandpixels.blogspot.com/) or in his Etsy Shop (http://www.woodandpixels.etsy.com/).
Any suggestions for changes to the sample page? Leave a comment or send me an email. After all, anything can be improved!

2 comments:

Simply Heather said...

I LOVE Scooter!!! The page looks nice, Sara...very nice. I like the set up. I especially like the name stands out and the profile photo at the corner...

Yes, lookin' good :)

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...i am excited for you. sounds like this years book is going to be outstanding! keep having fun for a good cause! xo, mickey