Friday, December 11, 2009

Seeing Red

Stonehurst - summer view - if you have seen the movie Amelia, you caught a quick glimpse of this view
Seeing Red - a state of irritation or annoyance
annoyance, botheration, irritation, vexation - the psychological state of being irritated or annoyed

I don't blog about politics. I don't blog about bad stuff. I don't (usually) whine. But every rule is meant to be broken and today I'm breaking my self imposed blog rules.

I may have mentioned in the past (once or twice) that we don't have access to high speed internet where we live. We knew when we moved here that there was no high speed. We also knew that the provincial government had made a promise to Nova Scotians. The government paid big, BIG bucks to several companies to ensure that all (100 per cent) of Nova Scotians would have access to high speed internet by the end of 2009.

We sat in a meeting with Premier Dexter (at the time leader of the opposition) and MLA Gary Ramey (at the time yet to be elected) who promised John (who stood up and asked the question) that they would uphold the Conservative Party's promise of high speed. They promised to hold the contracted companies to the delivery date of December 2009.

They promised. (did I mention that?)

Now the word is that "it is better to set unrealistic goals and have them unmet" than to set achievable goals and - hey - actually achieve them.

The new date set is May 2010.

And we know that government promises are never broken. Sob.

Stonehurst in winter

No photography blogs for me. No Youtube for me. No Facebook for me. No websites with flash for me. No uploading files for me. No sending photos for me. Do you feel sorry for me yet? That's okay, I'm feeling sorry enough for myself. Waaah!

3 comments:

Karen said...

OH, that TOTALLY SUCKS!!! for lack of a better term.

LOVE this photo..love it. The RED against the white winter is poetic.

John said...

May is a long way off..

aliceinparis said...

I couldn't believe it! First thing I thought of was you:(
Sucks is right.
Love the red in winter.