Friday, December 4, 2009

More December Flowers

This is the first time that I've had an amaryllis bloom the second year. This guy couldn't wait for Christmas, despite being in a dark & cool place. Now I'm going to have to buy another bulb...just can't have a December/January without a blooming amaryllis! (this is thanks to my mother, who always had them around the house at Christmas)

This had been a week of good & bad. Bad because someone I love is in the hospital. Good because he is in the hospital where he can mend. And maybe, fingers crossed, he will get to go home soon.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Here's to a speedy recovery for your friend.. and I do love Amarylis.. my mistake this year was trying paperwhites. Oh yes, they are blooming already.. and they SMELL... something like a mix of cat urine and musky something. Ick. Won't do that again.

Moose said...

Ditto on the SMELL of paperwhites, none in this little house!!! Hope your friend is up and at em soon.
We do have some Thanksgiving Cactus beauties blooming.
Tail Wags,
~Moose

Jennifer said...

Oh, I thought I was the only one who hated the smell of paperwhites! for a beautiful flower, they sure are stinky!
I've never had an amaryllis. I thought they were hard to grow. Maybe I'll give it a go this year.
Sending healing thoughts to your loved one.