Thursday, December 17, 2009

Gobble, gobble

Today we headed to Lunenburg to pick up our Christmas turkey at a local farm. (gobble #1)And...since we were there...we took the opportunity to stop at Large Marge's for lunch. (gobble #2) It's an old fashioned diner with booths, and a long counter with stools. Lots of interesting things on the walls. And...some really good food. Yum.

While we were in Lunenburg, I ran into two people I know. And here I was thinking that we hadn't met that many people since moving here!

I finished up the last of my Christmas gifts today. Now I can focus on someone's birthday celebrations. Poor guy's birthday is just 2 days before Christmas. This year we'll celebrate it a few days early, but it will still be eclipsed by Christmas because we'll be chopping down our tree on the same day as his birthday supper. Tomorrow will be a day of food preparations and house cleaning to get ready for some special folks to arrive. Let the party begin!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're very excited!
DIL
xo

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Let me know if your turkey is a good one. We bought from a guy up-country for a couple of years, but the quality of the cleaning went downhill. So, this year (despite efforts to find a fresh turkey), I ended up buying fresh from Sobey's. But I'd much rather support the locals!

Happy Birthday to John and have a great weekend!

Karen said...

We have three birthdays in December and it's a chore trying to separate it all out, especially when they are still "young" birthdays... we wrap in totally different colors to make it seem separate..lol..

Happy Birthday and Holidays to you and yours..