Friday, November 13, 2009

A visit to Peggy's

Yesterday John and I drove into Halifax for an appointment. We had lunch at a place called the Cobourg Cafe. I think we raised the average age a fair bit while we were there...seemed to be a favourite of the university crowd. I had a fantastic lunch of spicy peanut soup and greek salad. Yum.

We toodled back on the Lighthouse Route, and took a side trip to Peggy's Cove. I think it's the first time we've visited when it was warm! I love going at this time of year, because there are just a hand full of people around. Just the sound of the waves...oh yeah, and a helicopter giving us a fly by!
A final reminder...today is the last day to place your order for a 2010 Nova Scotia South Shore calendar.

3 comments:

Mickey Johnson said...

...i love peggy's cove...i know it was my boys favorite place to visit when we were there...they made us go twice...but i didn't mind. it is gorgeous, tranquil and mysterious at the same time. i can't wait to get my calendar. xo, mickey

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the visit to 'my cove'. I am a Margaret who is called Peg or Peggy! When I try to tell people how you get from Margaret to Peggy, I relate the story of Peggy and St. Margaret's Bay.
It is beautiful in any weather. I often view the web cam at the 'cove'.
have a great weekend. johnpegc@telus.net

Karen said...

Love this picture of YOU Sara, leaning on a heart-shaped! rock.

I, too, am looking forward to the calendar. What a treat.