Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lunch Date

Today I ventured off on my own, and drove into Halifax to meet Shelagh for lunch. I met Shelagh through the blogging world last year. She is such an inspiration for me...she's a very talented artist and photographer and writes a blog full of lots of interesting and informative things. We had lunch at The Coastal Cafe......coffee and dessert at the very modern Fred (an interesting place...hair salon at one end, restaurant and art gallery at the other end).
...and toured some side streets with our cameras. The houses above are apparently known as the "3 Sisters". There is a house beside them that must be the ugly brother...it's the same style but a dull beige.Thanks for a great day Shelagh!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah...the infamous Shelagh. I feel Like I already know her. HI SHELAGH! LOVE the cook book! Now I can put a face to the art and book.
Haha...the ugly brother; I like that. Never thought of that before.
DIL
xo

Karen said...

I have one of shelagh's prints and the cookbook also! And yes, it's very nice to have a face to go with the "blog voice" :-)

Moose said...

What a fun day! I hope to meet up with a blog friend in the future.
Great photos.
Tail Wags.
~Moose

Mickey (Michel) Johnson said...

...funny how we are all so interconnected...i too am a fan of shelagh, her work and her blog...and it is good to put a face with the name. looking forward to my calendar filled with your lovely photography and so glad to have met you sara! xo, mickey

aliceinparis said...

Hiya, it was a fun day! I love going out to lunch:) Have not had a chance to look at my pics yet.
That is only the second pic of me ever posted on the internet! Ack. Not likey.