Tuesday, October 6, 2009

V is for Vegetables

I have been busy with a lot of projects lately (and therefore not taking time to blog much). One of my current projects is creating an ABC book as a Christmas gift for our 4 year old grandson. I was stuck on a couple of letters but inspiration struck today while we were in Mahone Bay for lunch. Here is "V is for Vegetables":...taken at JoAnn's. Lovely fruits as well...and a fantastic counter of sweets, another of cheeses, shelves of preserves...YUM!

We just stopped by Mahone Bay on our way back from setting up another Christmas present (that I can't talk about)...our second trip to Mahone Bay in 4 days. We were there on Saturday for the Scarecrow Festival. Maybe you'll see some photos from the Festival in the coming days.

Anyone have any ideas for the letter X?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HHmmm...the secret gift sounds interesting : )

I sent you a separate listing and links for Z words....

Had a GREAT time this weekend!!
DIL
xo

Karen said...

Would love to see festival picks... and just enjoyed other shots of your windows on shelagh's blog. Love the tree of life...

John said...

Nice veggie pictures Sarah. When we played the alphabet game on long car drives X was always a railroad crossing. How about a cactus? Every four year old should know that they are xerophytes

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the typo...yes, I meant X and typed Z...
I like John's suggestions! In particular Xerophytes!
DIL

Jennifer said...

The alphabet photo book is a fabulous idea. I may have to steal it ;-)