Saturday, October 24, 2009

A fond farewell

I mentioned the other day that there was lots going on. Well, we said a fond farewell to my 1999 Beetle Bug. The back roads of Nova Scotia and Beetles do not get along. No more bottoming out going down our 1/2 mile driveway. No more not being able to drive out the driveway in the winter because their is not enough clearance under the car. No more bottoming out while driving on the lovely roads around here. No more Beetle. Because...

...we now have our first new car in eleven years! Yesterday we picked up our brand spanking new 2010 Rav4. YAY! John is out playing with it as I type this.

So...I inherit the 1999 CRV, which will be driven seldomly. And our new family car is the Rav4. I WILL miss my bug. But I won't miss those thuds and scrapes when I drive!

2 comments:

aliceinparis said...

You are going to have a ball tearing around in your new car! Backroads get ready!

Word Weaver Art said...

I can relate to this. I sold my little red bug earlier this month. There's just something special about a little red beetle... sigh...