Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tree Of Life

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have submitted some artwork for the 2nd annual fundraising art show for the Second Story Women's Centre in Lunenburg. The theme of this year's show is "Colouring Our Roots - Highlighting Our Strengths". Here is the second window I created, called "Tree Of Life":The window I used is from a century old farmhouse in Aulac, New Brunswick. The top of the tree shows the four seasons...from left to right...winter, spring, summer, and fall.I etched the roots of the tree with words that make up the foundation of our lives: laughter, family, friendship, love, determination, strength, hope, faith, vision, knowledge, dream big, believe, imagine, follow your heart, nurture, growth, blossom.The photo on the left shows the etched words. The photo on the right shows the colours of the roots when the light shines through. I'm very happy with how this window turned out!

Title: Tree Of Life
Medium: salvaged window (from Aulac, NB), coloured glass, grout
Price: $300 Size: 36 inches high x 19 inches wide
For Sale at: 117 Pelham St, Lunenburg
(cash or cheque accepted)
Dates: September 10 - October 4
(Thurs, Fri, Sun 12-4, Saturdays 10-4)
Fundraiser: 30% donated to Second Story Women's Centre

4 comments:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

This one is absolutely stunning, Sara. If I had $300 .............

Moose said...

You should be very proud of this outstanding meaningful piece of art.
They should auction this piece starting at 300.....
Tail Wags to All.
~Moose

Karen said...

LOVE this, Sara. My favorite so far...

Jennifer said...

I agree with Karen ~ this piece is my favorite of your beautiful work. Now to go toss the sofa cushions in hopes of finding $300. I'll let you know what I find...