Monday, September 7, 2009

Labour Day Weekend

What a beautiful weekend! A warm and sunny Saturday had us heading to the beach with Miss M. Risser's Beach is perfect for kids of all ages. A very long beach (that we usually walk the dogs along), and sandy, with a gradual slope into the ocean. Only one of us was brave enough (or silly enough) to take a complete dip.I'll let you guess who. Brrrr!And only one of us was brave enough (or silly enough) to get buried in the sand... Some creative diggingThe day ended with a stop for ice cream in Petite Riviere, and then home to find Miss M's mom waiting for us. One of John's famous late dinners meant we got to watch the moon rise...and Miss M had fun with some glow sticks...Sunday was another great day, but much cooler. DIL, Miss M, John and I headed out to Lunenburg Winery for some blueberry picking (and some blueberry wine to take home!).Although some people (who shall remain nameless) eat as many blueberries as they pick!

Another wonderful bbq (a tad earlier than the night before), and a girl's movie night in our jammies.

Today was quite relaxing...morning coffee on the deck, a little gardening, a few little walks around the "paths", and if I'm lucky...it will end on the deck with some blueberry wine and bbq'd hamburgers.

Hope everyone had as good a weekend as we did!

3 comments:

aliceinparis said...

Your weekend sounds positively PERFECT!!! This is the best time of year for dips in the ocean. It has had all summer to warm up:)
Blueberry wine and burgers appeals to me. Must be suppertime.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Had I gotten off my duff up out of my comfy beach chair and away from my great read, I might have seen you braving the waves!

Karen said...

What a wonderful weekend.. and boy would I love some blueberry wine... never heard of it, must find it somwhere!