Sunday, September 13, 2009

Art Show & Sale

I worked at the 2nd Annual Second Story Women's Centre Art Show and Sale in Lunenburg (whew, what a mouthful!) on Thursday. I snapped a few photos but the photos don't show off the displays very well. They did an excellent job laying out all the artwork. 36 artists contributed to the show! Of course, I had to take a photo showing my "window art" being displayed:There is artwork of all kinds...paintings:and woven fabric art, photographs, jewelry, leather scuptures, wooden sculptures, collages, etc. This is Maureen Simpson:Maureen and I worked the gallery together on Thursday...opening day. She is a wood turner, and has only been turning for one year. The two bowls in the display cabinet and the "woodsicles" hanging at the top of the photo are Maureen's work. If you want one of the bowls...too late! They have both been sold. She doesn't have a website, but you can reach her at mojosimpson@gmail.com

It was fun working with Maureen. My next shift is Saturday September 19th...10 to 4.

3 comments:

Moose said...

I knew you meant "wood turner"! Since my neighbor turns Aspen Bowls, hers look great! Sounds like you had a great day...hope the sale is going well, with all that fabulous Art.
Tail Wags to All.
~Moose

Sara said...

Thanks for letting me know about my typo Moose! (word when I meant to say wood) I have corrected it. Although Maureen is a very good word turner too....she's a great conversationalist:)

Jennifer said...

Tell me that GORGEOUS piece on the right sold. If I had been there, that beauty would have come home with me. Your glass work is amazing, Sara.