Saturday, September 12, 2009

A 3 Beach Day

After a quick errand in Bridgewater yesterday, we decided to take "the girls" to the beach. Our first thought was to go to Rissers Beach, but that falls into the category of regular routine, so we decided to take a jaunt to Carter's Beach.One of the truly difficult decisions we have to make when living on the South Shore of Nova Scotia is what beach to walk. There are so many choices, and so much beauty. Life is tough around here, let me tell you.I'm not sure who enjoys it more...us...or the dogs.The tide was high while we were at Carter's Beach, but it's still absolutely stunning. White sands and beautiful water. No sand dollars to be found on this visit though. We hopped back in the car, dined on fish and chips in Port Mouton, then stopped just down the road at Summerville Centre's beach, Here is the boardwalk that takes you to the beach: A view from the boardwalk, down to the water:
And looking towards the village of Summerside Centre:The beach is just as long (and beautiful) in the other direction. No swimming this time for the girls...but a lovely long walk. We hopped back in the car and made our way to Liverpool. We took a quick detour to see Western Head, where we've never stopped before. We've heard that this is a great spot for surfing (not that we were planning to do any surfing!). But the causeway was closed (a casualty of Hurricane Bill) so we didn't see much. That will have to wait for another day. East of Liverpool, we stopped at another stunning beach...Beach Meadows.The sun was lower in the sky by now, and the tide was out:We donned our fleeces for this walk. It was windy, and the sound of the waves was wonderful. What a glorious afternoon!And I'll tell you a secret...we could have visited at least four more beaches on the way home! Are we lucky or what?

5 comments:

daysgoby said...

I know - I moved here nine years ago and I still can't believe I LIVE NEAR THE OCEAN!

It amazes me.

Gorgeous pictures.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Great picture of the two of you -- the human two, I mean.

Moose said...

I loved those beaches on our trips to NS.... you are LUCKY! Looking forward to hearing about the art show & sale.
Tail Wags to All.
~Moose

Christine said...

I guess at this point you are not missing living in Ontario!
I'm happiest by the water too!

Jennifer said...

You (and Shelagh)seriously need to get paid by the Nova Scotia board of tourism. Because of the two of you, my husband is sick of hearing how we need to research moving to NS when he retires!