Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Violets Are Blue

Thanks to our friends E and Di, a second window creation made it from Nova Scotia to Ontario. This window was created for John's daughter A, and our new SIL (son in law). A likes blue, so this window is predominately blue. Love that deep blue colour.
My original goal this year was to create one window per month. I'm behind my goal, and currently working on my 4th window. Two of my windows will be displayed in the upcoming fund raising art sale for Lunenburg's Second Story Women's Centre. I'm madly working on one of the windows now. I think it will be my best yet. I'll post photos soon.
This afternoon we're off to Chester to take a break from the sweltering heat here on the "farm". We'll be lunching on the deck...oceanside...heavenly.

9 comments:

daysgoby said...

Beautiful! What a lovely gift!

Karen said...

Absolutely beautiful.. we are in the throws of renovating/rebuilding/re-using a 1835 farm house in CT, and I can thing of two spots where one of your beautiful windows would be perfect. I'll be in touch!

Karen said...

Um, that would be "THINK" and "AN 1835 farm house". I haven't had my coffee yet..lol..

aliceinparis said...

That window is BREATHTAKING! Really gorgeous!!! I would love a window like that:) John's daughter will be thrilled:) Looks like a lot of work went into it. I am sure they will sell quickly at the fundraiser!

Julie Magers Soulen said...

Gorgeous window! I love the color and the beautiful composition.

Cheers!
http://juliemagerssoulen.blogspot.com

Moose said...

Wish we could venture up for the Lunenburg Fund Raiser! This will surely go fast, it is spectacular to say the least.
Tail Wags and Happy Deck Sitting.
~Moose

Cosmic-codiaC said...

Great job mummy! They seem to be getting a lot more epic the more you do them!

susan said...

Gorgeous! This is a view that would brighten even the dullest day. Love the dragonfly.

Jennifer said...

That is stunning! I'd love to see the process of creating a beauty like that.