Thursday, July 9, 2009

Profile: Kimberly Owen

Kimberly Owen
onceuponabluecrow.blogspot.com

Kimberly's artwork entitled "Hugs" is on page 35 of the 2009 Paws For Charity Art Book.

Here is a bit about Kimberly, from Kimberly:

I never went to school for art, it's just my passion. I actually went to school to become a cosmetologist. I was in that industry for about 10 years and then I went to work for an electronics company in the accounting department for 11 years.

I owned my own clothing retail store for about 4 years and had tons of folk art hanging on the walls, which in some crazy, winding way led me to where I am today. I closed the store and started selling my inventory on ebay and instead of buying folk art pieces I started making my own and selling those on ebay as well. I love mixed media. Love making dolls too.

No comments: