Monday, July 27, 2009

Lunenburg Harbour

I seem to be spending a lot of time in Lunenburg recently. Old Town Lunenburg was designated by UNESCO as a world heritage site as one of the best examples of a British colonial settlement in North America. Architectural styles span over 200 years.

However, I'm not a history buff and go to Lunenburg because it's lovely to look at, and photograph, and the people are very friendly. July 18th was the Lunenburg Photo Walk, and it was a great day despite the torrential downpour we faced for 3 hours of walking and taking photos. If you'd like to see some of the photographs our group captured, you can check out the flickr site here.

Unlike our photo walk day, yesterday was bright and sunny and warm. We picnicked overlooking the harbour with the dogs, while an artist participating in the Wet Paint Sale painted a scene. Then I headed over to the sale and bought another wee painting (a Lunenburg Church). Then we headed home, and we stopped along the way so I could take some harbour photos.

2 comments:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Lunenburg is such a wonderful town. I love to go there all by myself and just walk, wander into all the lovely shops and boutiques, and usually end up with a good chai latte overlooking the harbour. I feel the urge to do that soon.

Have you travelled to Blue Rocks yet? That's very pretty as well. My folks are coming the end of this week, so we'll probably do that run (and others).

I haven't forgotten the book exchange (nor the gin and tonic in the garden nor the viewing of yours.) I was so sad to see what the deer did to your veggies.

martha brown said...

I checked out the flickr site -- you took some fabulous photos, Sara!! I'm sorry that I won't be in Lunenburg this summer. I'll miss my does of the east coast. I'm off to Phoenix instead.....