Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Welcoming Sign

This is the fourth day in a row that we've had steady rains interspersed with torrential downpours. Forecast says there will be no sun for the next seven days. Welcome to Nova Scotia!

The rain took a short break yesterday, so John mounted our freshly painted Welcome sign on one of the trees on our driveway...just before you leave the forest and reach the open field on the way to our house. I used leftover paints and a scrap piece of wood to paint the sign.

4 comments:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Keep praying, sister, keep praying! I'm stuck here in the rain with you too; but I believe (I MUST believe) we'll see the sun soon.

aliceinparis said...

I must be one of the few people that does not mind the rain. I can hear the lawn and trees going slurp. I love the green, it almost glows.I am using the time to do things that I don't want to do when the sun shines because when it appears, it's going to be gorgeous!!
:)

Jennifer said...

What a cheerful sign!

julia said...

Well, Jennifer commented exactly what I wanted to write. But I'll write it again: This is happily cheerful.