Friday, June 26, 2009

MJ

I usually don't comment on world events, but the passing of Michael Jackson deserves some blog time. He played a role in my life, and in my son's life too. The Jackson 5 was one of the first bands I LOVED when I was young. (add Donny Osmond, the Partridge Family, and Tom Jones...yes, Tom Jones...my mom thought I was too young to like Tom).

Flash forward to 2005 and Michael Jackson was my son's favourite singer. Cody performed Smooth Criminal for a drama class project. He also played Michael Jackson's role in Thriller, part of the grade 12 graduation performance. Wish I could show you the video...the girls all screamed when he did the moonwalk, and the Thriller dance was awesome. These photos are from the dress rehearsal.Strange man that Michael turned out to be, but no one can deny he was a huge influence on the music industry.

2 comments:

Cynthia L. H. said...

Wonderful that you captured these photos of your grandson and that they speak to us now of Michael's impact on the world.
;^)
Thank you for sharing.

aliceinparis said...

I will miss him too. He was a strange, sad, fiercely talented man who gave the world some amazing music!
Great pics of your son!