Monday, June 29, 2009

Between the Raindrops

It has been raining or foggy for the past week or so...can't remember the last time I saw the sun. I like the rain, but this is a little much. I snapped this photo during a non raining but overcast moment a couple of days ago.

The good news is that the veggie garden seems to be doing well. Bad news is that my lovely orange geraniums are full of mould. The guineas are looking rather scraggly with their wet feathers but continue to cruise the acreage in battalion formation. When it pours with rain, they voice their displeasure.

Let's hope that Mother Nature gives us a break on July 1st for the Canada Day celebrations!

2 comments:

aliceinparis said...

Lovely picture! I know isn't this rain something! I am telling myself that August is going to be very hot and dry so this is to fill the resevoirs!

Karen said...

Connecticut has been a foggy soggy mess for weeks. we had a reprieve yesterday, only to plunge into the mist and thunderstorms again today. *sigh*