Thursday, May 21, 2009

Saltbox Gallery

I took DIL on a little tour on Saturday. After picking up some plants for a steal at a driveway sale close to home, we took a ride over to Petite Riviere, where you can find The Maritime Painted Saltbox Gallery .Run by two very talented artists, Tom Alway and Peter Blais, the barn is stocked full of fine art, folk art and heritage reproduction furniture. I took these photos last summer while touring around with John, so these photos will show you what a treat their gardens will be in the coming months.As you can see, their property is absolutely gorgeous. But you'll have to take a visit to the gallery to see the treasures inside. (and it's worth a trip, I promise you)Both Tom and Peter were there on Saturday. They are both very friendly, and gave us recommendations on what other sites in the area we should explore. Oh, how I would love to have a barn like this at home! Love, love, love the windows at the side...right now full of plants waiting to be transplanted into their gardens.After this stop, DIL and I headed onto a little gift shop in Green Bay, and then the LaHave Bakery (which I posted about a couple of days ago)....a great day!

1 comment:

aliceinparis said...

Another place I must visit!! :)