Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Profile: Nicole Derr

Nicole Derr
nmdphotography.com
nmdphotoblog.com

Nicole's photograph "Woman's Best Friend" can be found on page 27 of the 2009 Paws For Charity Art Book. Here is what Nicole would like to share with all of you...

I am Nicole Derr-- wife, daughter, friend, runner, dog lover, artist. I love people. I'm obsessed with stories. And of course, I love photography. In 2008, I took the leap of faith that I'd been waiting for my whole life, and started my own lifestyle photography business, called NMD Photography, and I haven't looked back since. I have the best job in the world: documenting family life and creating art that documents a family's history. My favorite photos occur when my subjects let go, forget about the camera, and show their true colors. I work on location throughout New England, shooting contemporary portraiture (pets included!) and modern, creative wedding photographs. I shoot in a photojournalistic style, primarily using natural light. Starting this business has been an amazing journey, and I am constantly learning learning learning. I'm loving every minute of it!


I took this photo while hiking in western Massachusetts with my dear friend Angela and her dog Bailey. We were taking a snack break, with me resting in the shade, and Ang taking in the sun. I looked up and there they were: woman and dog, taking in the view. Voila! I'm so excited to be a part of the Paws For Charity project, and am inspired by all of the artists involved.

No comments: