Saturday, April 11, 2009

Artist Profile: Kelly Snelling

This is the second in a series of artist profiles for the 2009 Paws For Charity Art Book Project. Our book has been in the number one best seller spot at Blurb.com for the past 3 days!


Kelly Snelling
soulhumming.typepad.com
kellysnelling.etsy.com

Kelly Snelling is a Southern girl transpanted in California. She is a self-taught artist who believes she can do anything she sets her mind to, including beating breast cancer.

Her art and words have been published in several magazines and books. She is the co-author of A Charming Exchange.

When she isn't playing tag with her dog and two little boys or dancing with her adorable husband or whispering to her cat, she can be found daydreaming, painting, singing, laughing, making BIG necklaces, and living life loudly with every fiber of her soul.

Kelly's photograph "The Passage" can be found on page 39 of the 2009 Paws For Charity Art Book Project.

Kelly has just celebrated a wonderful anniversary...two years of being free from breast cancer. In her own words, "Cancer is an upside down blessing in that I surely have learned to value what I have instead of feeling as if I were missing out on anything...ever."

Kelly is such a talented artist, that I had a tough time choosing from her submissions...she also submitted a cat painting and a dog painting. However, I chose "The Passage" because I think it is a thought provoking photograph. It leads me to wonder what is just around the corner, out of view. Don't we all wonder that about life?

4 comments:

aliceinparis said...

Love this photograph! I can hardly wait to get my book!!!!

Jennifer said...

Kelly's photograph is one of my favorites in the book. You chose well!

Kelly Snelling_Soulhumming.typepad.com said...

thank you so much, sara, for including me in this wonderful project. as i told you, it really fills my heart with so much joy to help in any way. and thank you to alice and jennifer for your sweet words on my photograph. xo-ks

Lisa said...

I feel blessed that I get to share in Kelly's life most days of the week. Big Hugs! I'm thrilled Big Dog could be part of such a wonderful book. Amazing photo, Kelly!