Sunday, March 22, 2009

Window Art

Last week, I alternated most of my time between my window art and my Paws for Charity projects. I am patiently (ha!) waiting for the first copy of the 2009 Paws for Charity Art Book to arrive. I'll be anxiously waiting for the mail to arrive each day this week...hoping to see the first edition of this art book.

I've also been working on a second project for Paws for Charity...the initial stages of a "Photo Collection" (I was originally calling it a contest, but "collection" describes the project much better)...raising money for Canines with a Cause. I designed a promotional postcard to advertise this in the Ottawa area...and I even managed to find a sponsor to pay for the printing of the postcards! Yay!

On to the window art....
Most of my time last week was devoted to preparing some windows...sanding, painting, etc. But I also spruced up a couple of windows I made a few years ago. I decided to experiment and added grout between the coloured glass. I think the windows look much better with grout....the colours seem to pop more. Here are some "before" (on the left) and "after" (on the right) photos. What do you think? The window below actually got broken on our move from Ontario to Nova Scotia...the bottom half of the window is now without a pane. But I think it looks good enough to hang outside in a tree somewhere....a mission for John!This week I hope to be working on a couple of new windows. More on that in a couple of days.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Maybe you need to post some of these in your etsy shop for people to buy. You know, I'm going to have big, sunny windows in my new kitchen (hint, hint).

Moose said...

Yes, put some in your Etsy shop! They look fabulous, thanks for showing.
Woof Woof from Moose and the Gang at CabinPress Studio.