Monday, February 2, 2009

Winter Afternoon at Risser's Beach

I was laying in bed waiting for my morning coffee to be delivered (yes, I know...I know I'm spoiled!) and looked out the window. That was the end of the coffee in bed. The dawn was glorious and I had to jump out of bed to get outside and take some photos. I might share some of those tomorrow....haven't had a chance to take a look at them yet.

Back in the house for breakfast, and then we headed out to the shore. We decided to stop at Risser's Beach today (we tend to head to Crescent Beach).We had the beach to ourselves most of the time. I love the sound of the waves crashing on the shore. The dogs loved the smells.Here is a photo of the two of us on the beach:If you look closely, you'll see my reflection in John's sunglasses! And my favourite photo of the day:Cassie. How can you not feel happy when you look at that shot?

3 comments:

aliceinparis said...

We used to take our dog to the beach and she LOVED it. Such interesting smells, running and then playing tag with the surf. Beaches are great anytime of year!

Jennifer said...

What a silver fox you married.

Cassie! That is pure joy!

Lucy has been to the beach as we lived in Washington state when she came to live with us. How she loves it! But Leo has never been. I can't wait to take him. There must be so many smells for them to sniff. I miss it!

julia said...

It looks gloriously beautiful. Such a clear day.