Friday, February 13, 2009

Winners

An interesting day! First, our driveway (which is 1/2 mile long) is completely ice. The whole length is like a skating rink. John managed to get the car down the drive this morning, but couldn't get back up when he returned. So he had to walk up to the house with 2 of our "girls", slipping and sliding. Then we had to go back out this afternoon for my physio appointment....which meant a walk down the driveway to the car. A very, very slow walk...gingerly all the way. But we made it, went to physio, got back home (with newly purchased sand)...made it up the driveway...yay!...to find the power out at home. The good news is that we have a generator that kicks in automatically when the power goes out. The bad news is that the generator overloads when our heating system is on. So we trucked outside to the generator to reset it. All is well now...our power is back on and so is the heat.

On to some better news....a list of winners! First of all, the winner of my One World One Heart draw for 3 prints of their choice from my etsy shop is....Nancy from All Pulped Out! I touched base with Nancy yesterday, and she will be picking her favourite 3 prints shortly. You should check out her blog...Nancy is quite the talented artist!

The next winner is ME! I won something in all the One World One Heart giveaways...quite surprising, since I only entered a very few draws. I did visit many of the participants, but waiting for our dial up internet access to load the comment forms was just too frustrating, so I gave up after a while. I will be visiting the participants through the year. There are so many talented people out there. Anyway, look what I am going to receive from Char at Pawsn2stamp!Char calls it a flip flop scrapbook album. I call it gorgeous! Love those colours. Thanks Char, I'm looking forward to receiving it!

And, yet another "winner"....me again! This photo: was selected by CoolJewelryDesigns to be in her beach treasury on Etsy. She called the treasury "Get your BUTT on the Beach NOW!" and it will be available to see until 1:44 pm on February 15th. You can see the treasury by clicking here.

Time to go sit by the fire, and have a nice salmon dinner cooked for me. My luck continues...

2 comments:

aliceinparis said...

Yay for winners!

Jennifer said...

How exciting! Is this your first time being included in a treasury?

And congrats on winning that beautiful scrapbook.

I got my poppy painting today :-)
I love it! Bright and cheerful. I can't wait to hang it.