Thursday, February 26, 2009

Peggy's Cove

Lately I have been running across "Peggy's Cove" in blogs and conversations. We haven't been to Peggy's since we moved to Nova Scotia, and it's been almost 2 years since we last visited. We've never been there in the winter, only during the summer months...sometimes as late as October...but always when there are lots of people around. So yesterday morning I woke up John from a sound sleep and told him I wanted to go. I brought all our camera equipment along for the ride, but took only the necessities out to "the rocks". Left the tripod behind. Left the remote control behind. So this photo was taken with the camera sitting on my gloves on a rock, setting the timer, and running to get into the photo. Sometimes you just have to do things the hard way.
The lighthouse.The warning on the lighthouse: "Injury and death have rewarded careless sight-seers here. The ocean and rocks are treacherous. Savour the sea from a distance."A few shots from around the cove.A photo of lobster traps is a must.I am kicking myself today. Yesterday I spent all my time taking photos, and missed my favourite thing to do at Peggy's.
I didn't sit on the rocks and listen to the silence. By the time I finished taking photos, my frozen shoulder was aching and I couldn't think about anything else. I love sitting on the rocks, looking out at the ocean, and listening to the wind and the waves crashing on the shore. So now I have a sore shoulder and a sore toe...a sore toe from kicking myself.
Next: monuments from in and around Peggy's Cove.

4 comments:

aliceinparis said...

Yay, one of my favourite places:)) What a beautiful day today was.Did you go inside for gingerbread?

Jennifer said...

Jon and I have balanced our camera on many a rock / stump / log and set the timer for pictures. You got a good shot!
I really like the lighthouse photo. cool perspective.
I hope your shoulder and toe feel better soon.
:-)

Word Weaver Art said...

I just love the picturesque photos of "regular things" that are so very different from any regular thing that might appear where I live... just love them... The colors and shapes of the houses... the landscapes and seascapes...
H

Word Weaver Art said...

Ha ha.. so I wasn't quite done... Not just in this post, but a few posts ago, the red sheep barn down the snow covered road... just lovely... a couple of posts ago, the view of your own house from across the field after putting up the owl house... or maybe it was the bat house... It's the details of the regular life things that catch my eye.
One more time... lovely...
H