Monday, February 9, 2009

Halifax Farmer's Market

I'm a little behind on my posting. I've been very busy with my Paws For Charity art book project. I'm happy to say that people are jumping on board, and I've been receiving some wonderful artwork and photos, and reading some heart felt stories. I hope to share some of them with you soon.

On Saturday, we went to the Halifax Farmer's Market. Don't let the photos fool you. It is still snowy and cold in this part of the world. The market is held indoors, and you can find just about anything you want. The sights, sounds, and smells are wonderful.There was potted rosemary for sale (as well as other herbs). I love the smell of rosemary when you run your hands down the plant. Reminder to self: must plant a windowsill herb garden.Fresh flowers, and fruits and vegetables,and baked goods (boy, did they smell good!). And the smell of fresh coffee. Mmmmm. There was a room full of Nova Scotia wines, and even some scotch from Cape Breton. Jams and jellies...And musicians.Lots of music. These guys are the Moonshine Ramblers. I love bluegrass!Miss M spotted this spider web, way up high. (call me weird, but I love this photo). Here's a close up of the web:Spiders freak me out, but this web is quite beautiful. After the market, we headed to a photography store where we picked up some toys (a monopod and some camera cleaning equipment). Then, on we went to a pub for lunch. A fantastic day!

3 comments:

aliceinparis said...

Love the market! So many good things:)) I'm planning on doing a photo essay there too one day. I've taken pictures but never gone with the purpose of doing just that:)
Next time you come in you must let me know and I'll meet you for coffee and one of "Mary's" warm fresh cinnamon buns!
Cheers, Shelagh

Dave Zeman said...

Great post ... thanks for sharing.

Dave

Jennifer said...

I love farmers' markets and missed them so much when we lived in Oklahoma. I am looking forward to frequenting the one in Omaha this summer.

Rosmary, dill, and thyme are my aromatherapy in the summer. I love watering my herb pots in the mornings. Everything smells so good!