Sunday, February 15, 2009

Australia

I have been thinking a lot about Australia, and our friends there. One of my high school friends and her husband moved there a number of years ago. Every few years they get back to Canada and drop by to see us. I'm hoping they'll come to visit us again sometime. They have never been to Nova Scotia, so I can bribe them with that. Unfortunately, I don't think we will ever visit them in Australia. One of the downsides to retiring early (and hence a limited income) is that we can't do any globe trotting.But...Andrea sends me photos every once in a while. The scenery is so grand! This photo was taken in a national park 5 hours north of Adelaide...5 hours away from any city in Australia and is truly the middle of nowhere!
And how cute is this? A wallabie and her joey.
I truly don't know what to say about the drought and fires and aftermath that the Australians are suffering through. Other than...our thoughts are with you.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It's almost too devastating to comprehend.

Jon and I went to Australia for our honeymoon and were enchanted by the people and the land.

I hope your friends are safe. Their country is in my thoughts as they begin to deal with this disaster.