Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Art book update

Walking the dogs along our drive... Not much new to report around here. On Saturday, we did get out and about. Met some friends in Mahone Bay for dinner at a pub, then John and I went on alone to a sold out show in Petite Riviere....Garrett Mason was playing. We met some very nice people from along the South Shore, and have been invited to drop by their place sometime. It was a great night of blues! We didn't stay until the end, but still it was almost 2:00 bedtime. Takes me longer to recuperate from nights like that! (no, I wasn't drinking...it's lack of sleep I'm talking about)

My days are consumed by the Paws for Charity Art Book project. I'm producing a book of photos and artwork to raise funds for breast cancer. I had originally thought the book would be restricted to 20 artists. But I discovered that I can include 38 pages of artwork for the same base cost. Yahoo! I've been busy on the internet inviting people to join in. It's been a very time consuming project since we only have dial up internet access. I've run across some fantastic artists and photographers.

So far there are 30 participants from Canada, US, UK, and France. 14 photographers and 16 artists. Still room for about 8 more. Know anyone who would be interested?

3 comments:

aliceinparis said...

I am thinking that you are always on the go somewhere:) Glad the book is coming along nicely, I bet it will be beautiful when done.
Cheers, Shelagh

Julie Magers Soulen said...

What a fantastic project! I am a photographer and the "dog lady" in my family. Will be in touch.

martha brown said...

Did you find enough artists? I'm interested, if you haven't!
~martha