Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Poppy painting on Ebay

Well, I gathered up my courage and this poppy painting is now for sale on Ebay. You can see the listing here.

And, for the curious, this photo is taken in our front hallway. The desk was my mom's, many years ago. Then my sister used it (painted white on the outside, orange on the inside). Then I used it (changed to blue on the inside). Then my mom had it refinished and gave it back to my sister. Now I have it again....including some teeth marks from Boomer...my sister's dog.

There are 4 bird houses on the stairs. These were a house warming gift from John's children and grandchildren. I thought they were too special to put outside, so they have a home on our stairs.

To the left of the desk there is a niche that is usually filled with wood for the wood stove. We have emptied it out and are storing our wood in our screened in porch. Not sure what to do with this niche. Ideas?

Keep your fingers crossed for me...my first painting on ebay!

4 comments:

aliceinparis said...

Yay! Good luck! I've been selling on eBay since 1999. 10 years. There wasn't an eBay Canada so I'm listed with the US one:)
I like the listings with an example of how the painting looks on a wall. You have a nice place to display it. It looks great.
I've tried a few times but there is no where that really works for mine.
Cheers, Shelagh

aliceinparis said...

You can get a free counter for your listing from http://www.vendio.com/. I use them.

Jennifer said...

Now I'm watching two poppy paintings on ebay - Shelagh's and yours!

How exciting!!!

Angelique said...

I'm so glad to see your painting again!!!